Hello, my fellow keto eaters I have a fiery treat for you today and it's only 1 net carb each. Stuffed Hot Cherry Peppers (or Shooters) with Prosciutto and cubed Provolone cheese recipe. Let's turn up the heat and get started.
How to Make Stuffed Hot Cherry Peppers
Buy (or grow your own) hot cherry peppers from your local grocery store or order online if your stores do not carry these as amazon has a huge variety of hot cherry peppers. Get yourself a mason jar that most stores carry, or again through amazon, since they have amazing deals. Olive oil & some seasonings.
Note: If you don't want to make them and rather buy them you can purchase on amazon if your local stores don't carry these gems as it was hard for me to find stuffed hot cherry peppers.
Stuffed Hot Peppers with Proscuitto and Provolone Recipe
- 10 - 12 Hot cherry peppers
- 6-8 ounces of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 6-8 ounces sharp provolone cheese
- Olive oil (or half canola and have olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of dill weed
- Pinch of basil
Instructions (The steps are in order from beginning to end)
- Remove stems and seeds from cherry peppers
- Cut 1/2 inch cubed provolone to fit the pepper as you can cut it smaller or larger because some peppers are bigger than others.
- Take a slice of prosciutto and divide the slice into two servings and wrap around the cubed provolone and repeat this step until all slices of prosciutto is divided and stuffed.
- Stuff inside the pepper and continue until all peppers are stuffed.
- Fill a mason jar with 1/2 cup of oil then add the peppers
- Once the peppers have been added you can add the remainder 1/2 cup of oil to coat the top.
- Add a pinch of basil and dill weed and seal the mason jar shut.
You can begin eating the peppers right away once the peppers have soaked in the oil and seasonings for about an hour, but it may taste even better to let them chill in the refrigerator for a couple of days to let the seasonings really settle in nicely. ENJOY!
Nutrition for Stuffed Hot Cherry Peppers Recipe
The calories can vary from one recipe to another depending on the brands of meats and cheeses you use. 70 - 250 calories per stuffed cherry pepper can be expected. However, the carb count will not surpass 2 net carbs. This recipe is only 1 net carb and 70 - 150 calories depending on how much olive oil your individual pepper soaked up. Pat the soaked pepper with a paper towel if you're worried about it being too calorie dense. Keto is all about low carbs but be mindful of the calorie count, as well.
Carb - 1 net
Calories - 70 - 150
Below is a video I did showing you a store bought stuffed cherry pepper that was in an olive bar from the store " The Fresh Market."