Here is my keto friendly taco salad bowl with shell and creamy jalapeno sauce coming in at only 8 net carbs including toppings.
Keto Taco Salad Bowl with Shell Video Tutorial
I do apologize for the bad lighting - It was a last minute video
- Pre-heat oven to 450
- Apply coconut oil to the tortilla (or olive oil) and form a bowl shape inside of an oven-safe bowl.
Insert a mini size oven-safe cup to keep the bowls shape for easy filling ( I forgot to do that - it was a last minute video)
- Place tortilla bowl in the oven for 8 minutes but do check every couple of minutes to avoid burning.
- Cook meat until brown while adding 1 Tablespoon Cayenne pepper and 1 Tablespoon Cumin (less if you don't like it too spicy). Drain excess grease.
- Remove taco salad bowl shells and allow them to cool to the touch.
- Fill the beef serving into each bowl (or chicken)
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Creamy Jalapeno Sauce recipe found here
Add a pinch of shredded lettuce
Add a couple pinches of Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese (don't worry I calculate the "pinches" in the nutrition value 🙂 )
Add 1 Tablespoon of salsa (1/2 Tablespoon if you're using the smaller bowls
Add 1 Tablespoon of Breakstone sour cream
Add 1 Tablespoon Sabra Veggie Fusion Guacamole
Dietary Fiber: 13.8g =
NET Carbs: 8
Total Fat: 29.1g
Saturated Fat: 8.8g
If you'd rather use the La Tortilla Factory Mini soft wraps that I used for my kids in the video then subtract 3 carbs from the count and subtract 50 calories from the large salad total.
You can find the 6 carb tortillas at most local stores or through amazon here
I hope enjoyed the tutorial and the keto taco salad bowl. 🙂